a blog hop i co-host each week
with the lovely
lisa from shine your light.
this week has been awesome.
baby girl started rolling over both ways -
back to tummy & tummy to back.
she's been a lot less cranky
& she's gained so much control over her neck & head.
i know that she's only 2 months old,
but she's shown so much interest in what we're eating
that we've decided to give her a bit of rice cereal...
from a spoon!
she's done amazingly well
& loves eating like a big girl! :)
we've also entered little miss
into a gerber photo search contest through facebook.
if you guys have a facebook account,
we'd really appreciate the vote!
you can vote one time per day!
my bake lab is incredible!
we're producing so much & i'm learning tons!
this week i'm sharing
yield: (2) 8" cakes
for the streusel:
7 oz brown sugar
4 oz walnuts
1 1/2 oz all purpose flour
4 tsp cinnamon
2 oz butter, melted
1. combine the first four ingredients, then add the melted butter. set aside.
for the cake:
10 oz sugar
5 oz butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBS baking powder
6 oz sour cream
12 oz milk
15 oz all purpose flour
1. preheat oven to 360 f. prepare 2, 8" tins by greasing well.
2. cream together the sugar, butter, salt, baking soda, & baking powder.
3. blend the eggs & sour cream thoroughly & then add to the creamed mixture until absorbed. scrape down as needed & mix well on low speed.
4. add the milk & flour in three stages, alternating the flour & milk. begin with milk & end with flour.
5. place 1/4 of the batter in the bottoms of 2 prepared 8" tins. sprinkle with 1/4 of the streusel. add another layer of the cake batter to each tin then top with the remaining streusel.
6. bake at 360 f for 20-25 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched in the center.
this cake was DELICIOUS.
so moist & cinnamon-y!
perfect with a morning cup of coffee!
now it's your turn -
link up those recipes & food posts!
how mangia mondays work:
. add a link to your recipe or food post & visit some others who have linked up before you .
. link back to mangia mondays anywhere on your blog .
. thanks for not linking up to giveaways or items you're selling .
. help spread the word about mangia mondays by sharing this post with others .
until next time,