a blog hop i co-host each week
with the outstanding
lisa from shine your light!
this week i'm sharing:
spicy mango pulled pork
1 sm-med pork loin
garlic & herb grill seasoning, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, for searing
32 oz. mango nectar
8 oz. hot green chile, chopped
2 TBS garlic, minced
8 oz. chipotle sauce
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise
1 lemon, quartered
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 sm can tomato paste
** this recipe is relatively spicy.
i've included notes after each step so you can choose what to omit/change
& make the recipe more mild. :) **
1. pierce & tenderize pork loin with a fork. rub with grill seasoning & cayenne.
2. heat oil in a dutch oven over med-med high heat. sear pork on both sides. add mango nectar, green chiles, garlic, chipotle sauce, vinegar, red pepper flakes, jalapenos, lemon, salt & pepper.
*use mild green chile
remove seeds from jalapenos
omit red pepper flakes*
3. bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. simmer, covered, for 3 hours or until pork is tender & easy to pull apart.
4. remove pork from liquid. simmer liquid while you pull the pork with 2 forks.
5. strain liquid & return to heat. add tomato paste & stir well. add pork & serve!
we served ours on a baguette,
but it would be good in a burrito, taco, or on its own!
i'm pretty sure this has already become a family favorite! :D
now it's your turn -
link up those recipes & food posts!
how mangia mondays work:
. add a link to your recipe or food post & visit some others who have linked up before you .
. link back to mangia mondays anywhere on your blog .
. thanks for not linking up to giveaways or items you're selling .
. help spread the word about mangia mondays by sharing this post with others .
until next time,