a blog hop i co-host each week with the always enchanting, & my wonderful blog friend
lisa from shine your light.
this week i'm sharing:
3/4 C self-rising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
8 TBS butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
zest of 1 lemon
2 TBS milk
6 TBS butter, softened
1 1/2 C confectioners' sugar
1 TBS lemon juice
splash of milk
1. preheat oven to 375 f. line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. sift the flour & baking powder into a large bowl. add the butter, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, & milk. beat together until smooth. spoon the batter into the paper liners.
3. bake for 15-20 minutes, or until well risen & golden brown. transfer to a wire rack & let cool.
4. to make the icing, put the butter into a bowl & beat until fluffy. sift in the confectioners' sugar, add the lemon juice & beat together until smooth & creamy. add just enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
5. ice & decorate with fresh raspberries, lemon zest, or whatever your heart desires!
these cupcakes are so lemony & fresh!
absolutely perfect for summer.
decorating them with flowers made of raspberries
really turned them into something special, too!
now it's your turn -
link up those recipes & food posts!