lisa from shine your light
& i are happy to welcome you to this fun blog hop.
keep spreading the word
& linking up your recipes & food posts!
with these cupcakes,
i just wanted to play with the way they look...
so i used a boxed mix & pre-made frosting.
after mixing the cake up like normal,
divide the batter evenly between 6 bowls.
use food coloring to make your tie-dye colors.
i went with:
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
& kept them on the softer side for a springy rainbow.
put a (relatively) small spoonful of each color into each cupcake liner,
stacking the colors on top of one another
& not swirling.
bake as directed.
for the frosting:
divide between 6 bowls & use the food coloring to make the same colors as the cupcake batter.
fit a piping bag with a wilton 2d tip.
put a spoonful of each icing in the bag.
i went around the side with 4 colors & put the last 2 in the center.
pipe to your hearts content!
what i love about these cupcakes
is that the frosting looks airbrushed...
but they aren't!
i've seen lots of tie-dye cupcakes floating around -
but haven't seen any tie-dye frosting to go with!
these are such beautiful cupcakes!
they're so bright & fun
& perfect for a birthday or '70s themed party!
now it's your turn!
link up those recipes & food posts!
how mangia mondays work:
1. please become a follower through google, email, facebook, or twitter.
2. add a link to your recipe or food post (not your blog homepage) & visit some of the others who have linked up before you.
3. please don't link to giveaways, other link parties or items you are selling... i don't want to have to delete your link!
4. link back to mangia monday by grabbing the button on the sidebar - you can put it in your post or anywhere on your blog to let others know you've joined the party.
5. help spread the word about mangia mondays with others by sharing this post!
until next time,
check out all of the amazing blogs i'm linking this post to!