i just wanted to take a quick second to say
to everyone who has linked up to the first mangia monday so far!
we've gotten a pretty good turnout for our first ever blog hop,
& i'm so pleased to have all of these wonderful recipes!
continuing my moroccan meal series:
this quick flat bread is sooooo good.
SOOOOOO good! :D
it's very simple to prepare
& is the perfect bread to soak up all the juices
from the lamb tagine recipe i'll be posting tomorrow!
it would also be great with some hummus
or by itself!
i'm urging you to try this recipe immediately!
1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast
1 C warm water
1/4 C sugar
3 Tbs milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp salt
4 1/2 C bread flour
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 C butter, melted
1. in a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. let stand about 10 minutes, until frothy. stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt, & enough flour to yield a soft dough.
2. knead 6-8 minutes, or until smooth. place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap & a damp cloth, & set aside in a warm place to let rise about 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size.
3. punch down dough & knead in garlic. pinch off small handfuls of dough & roll into balls the size of golf balls. place on a tray, cover with a damp cloth & allow to rise about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
4. preheat grill to high (on my george foreman, i preheat as high as it will go: 425 f).
5. roll dough into a thin circle (i use my hands to just pat it flat :) ). lightly oil grill. place dough on grill & cook 2-3 minutes until puffy & golden brown. brush uncooked side with the melted butter & flip. brush cooked side with melted butter. cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
like i said before,
these are so good!
the melted butter really adds another level of awesomeness. :)
don't forget to check out the rest of this moroccan meal series this week!
moroccan orange cake.
& you can still link up to
until next time,