in case you didn't know,
desi from steak n potatoes kinda gurl
gave me the
& tanya from ramblings of a wannabe rep
gave me the
since the requirements of the awards are the same,
i've combined them into one post!
to accept these awards, i must:
1. thank & link back to the wonderful blogger who gave me this award
2. share 7 things about myself
3. award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. contact the bloggers and inform them of the award
so here we go!
7 things about me:
1. my favorite thing to do is stay home with the hubs in our jammies & watch netflix. seriously.
2. i can beat super mario world on the snes in less than one day... including all the secrets, star worlds, & extreme worlds. i'm awesome.
3. i really love playing hostess. it brings my heart so much joy to cook and entertain my friends & family.
4. i'm completely envious of girls who have been best friends for years. i've had so many heartaches in the bff department.
5. at our wedding, my husband actually vowed that he would get me ice cream whenever i wanted. he's pretty amazing. :)
6. i love everything day of the dead (dia de los muertos). it's a beautiful holiday that i look forward to every year!
7. i have a ridiculous collection of elephants - hundreds! i've been collecting since i was 9 years old & have only met one other person (sweet desi!) who collects elephants, too!
15 blogs i think are amazing:
1. oh the places you'll go while falling up: while i may be a bit biased in giving this award because rachel & i are friends, i think she's very deserving! rachel shares what it's like to be a bride planning a wedding & some very cute, clever, & yummy cupcakes as well as other recipes.
2. elana johnson photography: elana takes gorgeous photographs. it makes me sad that i don't live near her so i can get a beautiful family photo done by her. her pictures always make my heart melt.
3. shine your light: lisa is one of the sweetest bloggers around! i love reading her (DELICIOUS) recipes, fabulous inspirations, and i must say that i agree, 100%, with her "ten kitchen can't-live-withouts"!
4. schue love: natasha has such a sweet blog about some of her favorite things, decorating her beautiful home & much more.
5. the sweet art: one word: yum. everything on this blog catches my eye and inspires some culinary creativity!
6. confessions of a 20-something: dear, sweet, pink lou lou has the cutest, girliest blog i have seen. every post i read just feels like i'm chatting with my girlfriend. she's real - and i can't begin to say how much i appreciate that.
7. home sweet farm: great recipes & a superb (or should i say delectable?) blog hop on tuesdays.
8. the misadventures of mrs. b: i just found jen's blog and have been consumed by the countless recipes i have bookmarked & want to try!
9. simple little joys: exactly as the name states, this blog is a joy.
10. sugar swings! serve some: cute & clever sweet treats!
11. the blest nest: the blueberry muffins she just posted look ah-maz-ing! i can't wait to try them!
12. rae gun ramblings: marissa has some incredible recipes i'm dying to try. her etsy shop is pretty amazing, too (if you have little ones)!
13. my leigh ashley: not only does leigh have an awesome link party every wednesday, but she has a beautiful, fun, blog, too!
14. blessed little nest: if i ever want to see something beautiful & awe-inspiring, all i have to do is click on heather's blog.
15. love is everywhere: katie shares heart-felt love stories & is currently doing a very cool "29 gifts" series that i highly recommend!