i was quite productive today!
i cleaned the entire house, top to bottom.
i even did all of the laundry
(folded & put away... everything!).
i even steam cleaned the carpets
& had time to whip up this simple & delicious meal.
braised balsamic chicken with white wine & mushrooms
4 chicken breasts
salt & pepper
red pepper flakes
zest of 1 lemon
extra virgin olive oil
white wine to deglaze pan
1/4 c unsalted butter
10(ish) baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. in a large skillet with a lid, heat oil over med-high.
2. poke holes in the chicken with the tines of a fork. season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with 1/2 the lemon zest. repeat on the other side.
3. add chicken to skillet and let sear 5 minutes, or until brown. flip and let sear on opposite side until brown as well. remove from pan and set aside.
4. add wine to deglaze pan. add butter to skillet & let melt.
5. add mushrooms & garlic to melted butter mixture. saute for 5-7 minutes. add chicken back to pan with a dash more wine to create steam. cover & cook 5-10 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 f.
served with the best asparagus ever.
recipe can be found here.
i'm also linking up with mama's two cents
for finding facebook fans weekend!